With the holiday season just around the corner, we thought we’d share four festive mocktails you can whip up at home. These mocktails from The Mixer are the perfect serve for anyone needing a break from the constant boozy indulgence at this time of year! They’re also perfect for non-drinkers who still want to feel part of the celebrations or if you’re on a tight budget this holiday season.
- Cranberry Fizz Punch
If it looks like Christmas, it must be Christmas! This delicious Cranberry Fizz mocktail will fit right into the festive vibes, mix it up just before your guests arrive.
- 24 Oz Fresh cranberry juice
- 24 Oz Freshly squeezed orange juice
- 16 Oz Lemonade
- 16 Oz Club soda
- 2 – 3 Cups Frozen cranberries
- A few sprigs of rosemary or thyme
- Lime and orange slices
- Pour all the liquid into a large punch bowl
- Add frozen cranberries, orange and lime wheels and garnish with fresh thyme or rosemary
- Add ice and stir gently
- Serve with a ladle and chilled glasses on the side so that everyone can fend for themselves
This is possibly the most popular drink at Christmas and making your own isn’t difficult at all. Serve with some bourbon on the side for those who prefer their Eggnog with a kick. It’s time to ditch those store-bought cartons for the real deal.
- 6 Egg yolks
- 1 cup White sugar
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 1 Vanilla pod, seeds scraped out
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Add the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla seeds to a mixing bowl and whisk with a hand-blender until light and creamy
- Add the milk, cream and nutmeg and vanilla to a saucepan and simmer gently
- Slowly add the warmed milk to the eggs and sugar in a gentle stream to avoid scrambled eggs
- Whisk until all the milk has been used up
- Pour the mixture back into a saucepan and simmer on medium heat until the eggnog has thickened.
- You can serve your eggnog hot in mugs or shaken with ice and strained into martini glasses, with an extra sprinkling of nutmeg over the top.
3. Grapefruit & Rosemary Christmas Mocktail
This one is for the whole family and is a refreshing and light mocktail to enjoy during Christmas lunch.
- Juice of 1 freshly squeezed grapefruit
- 6 Deseeded cherries
- ½ Oz Simple syrup
- Club soda
- 2 Rosemary sprigs
- Add the cherries and simple syrup to a highball glass, and muddle with a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add the grapefruit juice and fill the glass with ice
Top with soda and garnish with rosemary
4. Cherry Lime Rickey
Sweet and tart, a Cherry Lime Rickey traditionally contains gin, but this version is alcohol-free – and just as delicious.
- 0.5 Oz Cherry syrup (easy to find online)
- 1 Oz Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 Oz Club soda
- 3 Luxardo cherries
- Lime wedge
- Add the lime juice and cherry syrup to a highball glass and stir
- Add ice and cherries
- Top with club soda
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig and a wedge of lime
For more cocktail inspiration please visit: https://www.themixer.com/en-us/