by Kristen Gray
Beauty really is pain. This winter season, that sure does ring true. Stiletto heights that are on trend will take you to the moon, which is fabulous – we all know that high pumps elongate our legs, leaving us looking svelte. The downside is that we will no longer be able to rely on platforms to save our poor soles (no pun intended), as that fad is on its way out.
Stilettos with an exaggerated point toe and thin heel will also be out in full force. This combined with height make for a perfectly sexy dinner heel – but, that’s about it. This style will be seen in rich hues, snake skin, leopard, and – of course – black, which is my favorite go to along with velvet & suede: all lovely accents for winter.
Pumps and stilettos won’t be the only shoes you will want to wear for added height. Booties will continue to find their place in our outfits with either a high chunky heel or a thin stiletto-style heel for evening wear – adorable with a minidress or skirt. Cage and peep-toe booties are also chic ways to wear the ankle boot trend at night. With both these heel and bootie styles, you will continue to see embellishments of vary sorts: anything from mesh, ankle straps, lace and studs.
‘Va Va Voom’ heels to look out for are:
1. Cole Haan Sophie Metallic-Heel Calf hair Bootie; $478, neimanmarcus.com
2. Alice + Olivia Delia Asymmetric Patent Pumps; $360; neimanmarcus.com
3. Manolo Blahnik Evolus; $995; barneys.com
4. Rebecca Minkoff Moss Lace Peep-Toe Bootie; $325, neimanmarcus.com
5. Konstantina Tzovolou Dinara Studded Heart Ankle Boot; $790; konstantinatzovolou.com
6. Saint Laurent Studded Paris Pumps; $1095; barneys.com
7. Gianvito Rossi Geometric Cutout Bootie Sandal; $990; neimanmarcus.com
8. Giuseppe Zanotti Leopard-Print & Suede Cap Toe Pumps $326; neimanmarcus.com
9. Christian Louboutin Decolettes; $1245; barneys.com
10. Giuseppe Zanotti Cutout Ankle Bootie; $439; barneys.com
As you can see, some of these trends are not fresh to the scene. For example, leopard print, studs, and black heels have been trendy for a while – it looks like they are here to stay. Shoes are my favorite part of an outfit especially when they jazz it up. These 2014 trends are sure to do just that.