Moms Reveal Motherhood is their Proudest Accomplishment & They Cherish Mother’s Day Gifts
According to a recent survey of moms conducted on behalf of Lands’ End, an overwhelming nine out of ten (89percent) agree being a mom is one of the hardest jobs they’ve ever had, however, 89 percent would do it all over again. Additionally, more than 85 percent agreed motherhood is their proudest accomplishment. For that reason, it’s time to put some thought into making Mother’s Day special for all the wonderful moms who make the world a better place.
“This Mother’s Day we celebrate all of the women who are important in our lives – the amazing mothers, grandmothers, sisters, and aunts,” said Becky Gebhardt, EVP, Chief Marketing Officer, Lands’ End. “Lands’ End created #DearMom to provide the opportunity for all of us to show our appreciation by sharing messages, photos and videos as well as giving back in a big way.”
MOTHER’S DAY GIFTS THAT GIVE BACK
This Mother’s Day, give mom a personalized gift that gives back to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). From now through May 14, 2017, add a select Mother’s Day or Pink Ribbon Embroidery to a Lands’ End item from totes to towels and the company will donate $4.50 of the $6.00 embroidery fee to BCRF to further support the organization’s mission to be the end of breast cancer by advancing the world’s most promising research. Find gift suggestions at www.landsend.com/dearmom.
WIN A TRIP WITH MOM
The #DearMom survey found 86 percent of moms would like to spend more quality time with their children. As a result, Lands’ End is offering one lucky winner the chance to win a trip with Mom through the #DearMom sweepstakes. From now through May 10, 2017, everyone can enter daily for a chance to win a four-day trip for two to one of America’s favorite destination’s, Hilton Head Island. This “mom and me” trip includes a stay at the Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, luxurious spa treatments at the Westin Heavenly Spa, and three days of private poolside cabana access. To enter daily, fill out the form at landsend.com/dearmom.
SHOW MOM SHE’S LOVED ON SOCIAL MEDIA
From now until May 10, the socially savvy can follow daily prompts to share a Mother’s Day message, motherhood moments, photos or videos on Instagram and/or Twitter using #DearMom, #sweepstakes and #mylandsend for a daily chance to win a $100 Lands’ End gift card. Winners will be chosen at random and participants are encouraged to enter daily, because Mom can never hear enough how much she’s adored.
In fact, Lands’ End interviewed some top-notch moms to hear firsthand why Mother’s Day is so special, while sharing their proudest moments and the challenging ones, along with tips and advice to enjoy the journey of motherhood.
ADDITIONAL #DEARMOM SURVEY FINDINGS
- Cherish the Memories — Nine out of ten (90 percent) save gifts their children have given them over the years and 93 percent keep cards and handwritten notes
- Daily Doses of Love — More than half (56 percent) of moms surveyed stated their kids tell them daily they are loved, followed by weekly (24 percent) and monthly (8 percent)
- Breakfast in Bed — 55 percent of moms said breakfast in bed makes them feel special on Mother’s Day morning
- Underappreciated — More than one-third (35 percent) of moms surveyed stated that their kids do not tell them they are appreciated enough
- Make Mom Feel Special — 95percent of moms surveyed stated crafts their kids create for Mother’s Day make them feel special
- Kids Make It Special — Almost eight out of ten (81 percent) of moms responded saying their kids make Mother’s Day extra special for them
- Mom and Me Getaway — Moms would love to take a special getaway with their children (85 percent)
Methodology: The Lands’ End #DearMom Survey was conducted by SurveyMonkey between March 14-17, 2017 and included a sample size of 504 female adults ages 18+ with at least one child.